Haapsalu lace shows its true beauty only after blocking.
The blocking frame has been developed according to the specifications of experienced Haapsalu lace knitters in Sujur’s workshop, situated in Matsuri village, Setomaa, south-east Estonia. The frame has strong yet fine metal pins that will not stretch the holes in the lace too wide. The blocking frame is extendable, making it possible to block very large pieces.
The set includes:
• 4 bars with stainless steel pins
(2 mm in diameter and 2 cm apart)
• 4 bars with pins and holes
• 4 diagonal bars to secure the corners
• 4 pieces of clear acrylic to extend the bars
• 4 metal cuffs to stabilise the joints
• 8 rubber bands to secure the joints
• a sturdy veneer storage box with a clear lid
The set includes a detailed instruction booklefor both assembling the frame and blocking shawls (rectangular, square, and triangular). The instructions can also be viewed here.